Translate

Monday, April 27, 2009

Blackbird

I wait patient, suffer in silence
She refuses to hear the cries
My hearts moans in whispers
Not enough to reach her walls
*
With her I dreamt true
Of glory days in paradise
Till a blackbird came
And sat on the far tree
T’was far yet so near and,
She ran to its raucous call
*
She asks for recollection
I wipe tears before they fall
Said ‘look within your self’
Why, it screams out your name
*
I never knew meself
But you saw the man
The blackbird called
And you threw him oft
Ripped me to the soul
She’d have more to ask
*
I love my lady beyond Eden
But she taunts its existence
Yesterday I could but dream
Tho’ you gave me the faith
*
It was all magical
A little lad’s fairy tale
The blackbird toyed
Its words twisted it all
‘if have done naught
With dignity, be gone’
*
She is deaf to my words
I see me dying within life
One year to build a tower
A minute to burn it down
*
The rain got us close
A kiss was left to forge
This blackbird sung
And she turned around
Now without her smile
I remain without breathe
*
I ask why the bird over me
She jests to make it leave
Never could see her this hurt
Could I stoop down so deep?
*
Saw my world with her
Felt peace in her embrace
The blackbird flew again
Swaying her with illusions
As I fell from her grace
Rotting in the hands of fate
*
**
***
****
***
**
*
Raw
I wrote this piece when I was still a youth, and I look back now and think what a fool was I. And then I look in the mirror and I see my nemesis. Where once I was a fool, open to life even if it beckoned the world around me to crumble, today I see a man whose eyes have glazed over. Feelings, emotions, a spirit that used to blaze in a reckless fire. Now I feel as if I spent a lifetime staring at a few broken words, knowing that no matter how hard I try, I'd never outgrow the chains that have bounded my hands in submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment