Translate

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Plastic

You, seem to get ahead as the days go by

Farther and farther in the distance

Whereas I, I am left here where I stood

In the days of our youth, I reminiscence

Even then, you were busy with the scores

And I was trying to even out our woes

*

Why can’t I let it go?

Shed my skin to be born anew

Blind in deceit that only sees

Your eyes, your smile, your touch

So plastic, suffocating me…

*

You, dine amongst the finest, philosophical

To the tomorrow of green and all economics

I, stick to a bottle of malt and grass, demented

At days end, I picture you undressing

Brushing another man’s scent off your skin

Tainted and stained in my thoughts and ink

*

What might be to question?

Sins only add to all that is original

Obsession is another name to feeling

Your hands, your voice, your words

All plastic, choking my existence

*

**

***

****

***

**

*

Raw

Bank your gold, little hamster and hope they don't seize it. Forget a healthy diet, and see if can they leech the excess. To six pack abs, stairmaster, treadmills, botox and everything plastic... how do you like me now, mate?


No comments:

Post a Comment