Translate

Friday, May 15, 2009

Behind Walls

What can I make of a heart that is forever true?
For years I've been building walls of ice around it
Can’t you see I’m down on my knees for you?
But those words of a bloody vow are closing in
And I wish but cannot let my soul pass through
Though my heart is calling for another chance
I know that I have always and will need you
Beyond the ledge of reality I’ll keep stumbling
*
So dress up, get your feet to run towards me
Chance me those words which I wish to hear
Take another life and thrust to set me free
Lift those obscene fears, cleanse me of dreams
*
Fighting the demon poisoning all my life within
Show me a line that divides sanity from the world
Whisper in my ear comforting me that I will win
I might just show you the life I can live to keep
How many eons you now need to simply realize
With one word of yours I’ll leave all this behind
This life which once threatened to tear us apart
Would never come into our world of tomorrow
*
Know that no god will come down for us
Neither spirits care nor people would bother
But shouldn’t one do what the person must
Or wait till the consequence starts to matter
*
And when the walls comes closing down on me
I’ll still be holding on and breathing your name
Stubborn as I am, biting my tongue till it is raw
Where’re you? You ne’er came! So bitter to say
The heartbeats in life for you could not change
And when that day comes I’d struggle for me breath
A glory of fighting the times, the common good
So now one must cease and give birth to another
*
Nothing has, nothing would prevail the age
Dawn has ebbed, with a dusk writ in smoke
Today sacrifice the life of one for obscurity
And ‘morrow comes the sun of a new world
*
**
***
****
***
**
*
Raw
Just musing over my old journals. Saw this and thought it might be a nice addition to this box I've created for myself. Any theories?

No comments:

Post a Comment